Eid Milad-un-Nabi: Many Sunni Muslims in India and other countries observe Milad un-Nabi, which commemorates the Prophet Muhammad’s (or Mohammad’s) birthday. Those who observe Milad un Nabi remember, discuss and celebrate the Prophet Mohammad’s birthday. Sunni celebrates Prophet Mohammad’s birthday on the 12th of the Islamic month of Rabi-ul-Awwal while the Shia community celebrates the 17th of Rabi-ul-Awwal.
- People do long night prayer meetings.
- Marches and parades involving large crowds.
- Festive banners and bunting on and in homes, mosques and other buildings.
- Meetings to listen to stories and poems (nats) about Mohammad’s life, deeds, and teachings.
- Many people carry green flags or wear green ribbons of the item when they taking part in the event. The green color represents Islam and paradise.
If you like this post, please share it with your friends and family and don’t forget to come back for more awesome content.
If you like the Eid Milad un Nabi post please share it with your friends and family. It will be helpful for us. So don’t forget to share with your family and friends.